A big part of cold calling can be setting up appointments, this can often be frustrating and take time to set up after each call. By using Zapier you can easily set up a calendar event.
If you're not too sure what Zapier? Check out an article from them and then come back to this article.
Zapier integrations with thousands of applications to see if your platform is integrated go to Zapier and simply search the name of the platform.
Get Your API Key
You'll use an API key to connect your calendar app with Myphoner, depending on the purpose of the integration you might want to use your personal API key or one for the whole account.
You can connect with your personal API key that is found under My profile -> Credentials, or you can connect with the account API key, which is found under Manage -> Configure -> Integrations.
For more information on API key's please see the FAQ here.
Getting Ready In Myphoner
Creating the Zap is easy as long as you understand exactly what you want to do. In general terms, you'll want to know what the 'trigger' is in Myphoner, what list you need to work from & what information you want to send to your Calendar app to book the meeting.
- You need to know which list you want to use for the automation, Myphoner and Zapier work together on a list basis. You may need to create the same Zap for each list if booking meetings using different lists.
- First, you need to decide on the trigger, generally, an action button (such as Callback or Winner) is used, you can even use a category to further refine the trigger. In our case, we are going to use the action button Winner and category Meeting Daniel.
- Next, you'll need an example or 2 to test the zap in Zapier. Go ahead and action a few test leads (if need creates a few test leads). Please note that you'll need to schedule the meeting using the Myphoner follow up feature, you'll simply click On Exactly, select the date and time then click the action button or category.
Creating the Zap
Now that you've prepared everything in Myphoner you can go ahead and create the zap in Zapier.
- Log into Zapier and click on Create Your Zap.
- Search and select Myphoner under Search Apps.
- Under Trigger Event select the appropriate action button (in our case it's New Winner) and click Continue.
- Under Choose an Account you'll either need to add your Myphoner account or if you already have the account details simply click on the account. (Remember when adding your account take note of which API key you are using). Click Save & Continue.
- Next, you'll need to select the list you want to create the zap for & click Save & Continue.
- Next, you can test the trigger and see if it will work, Zapier will look for leads that have been worked within the list itself. Click Continue.
If you are using a category of an action button you'll need to set up a filter, you can do this by:
- Click the blue + button and select Filter.
- Under Only continue if select the category field, by choose condition select (Text) Contains and then under enter or select value input the name of the category.
- Test and see if the zap would work, if not you'll need to troubleshoot till it does.
Create the Action
Now we are finally ready to actually create the action for your calendar app. Depending on the app there will be different options. We are using Google Calendar in this example and so will be providing instructions for it, however, you can generally follow along with your own calendar app.
Create a Google Calendar Event
- Search for your calendar app and select it.
- Under Action Event select the desired event (in this case it's a detailed event) & click continue.
- You'll either need to choose your account or connect it with Zapier, then click Save & Continue
- Now its time to Setup Action, choose the calendar you want to use for the event.
- You can now fill out all the information such as summary, description, location etc. Note: You can use any field within the list in Myphoner to auto-populate the information.
- At Start Date & Time search for "scheduled For" as this is the date and time, the Zap will use to set the event.
- At End Date & Time input the 'Scheduled For' field, Note: within Myphoner there is no way to confirm an end date and Google Calendar generally automatically makes it a 30-minute event.
- Under Attendees you can put the email address of the lead, this will be used by Google to send the invite.
- After entering attendees you can set reminders as well as other functions however it's not necessary.
- Click Save & Continue
- The second last step is to click Test Action, this will test the action and confirm if it worked. Note this is a real test thus an event is created in Google Calendar, use this to confirm that all is well.
- If the Test fails Zapier will tell you where and you'll need to retrace your steps to fix the issue.
- Once you get a successful test all you need to do is click Turn on Zap.
Note: That Myphoner and the Zap do not take into account overlapping of events, it is advised that the agent confirms in the Calendar that the date and time are open before hitting the trigger.